Where once opium plants grew, today a self-governing and independent women’s collective grows this precious saffron according to old traditions and by a lot of manual work.
Conflictfood- saffron comes from the province of Herat in western Afghanistan. The entire region is also referred to as the “cradle of saffron” and is one of the best cultivation areas in the world.
1 g pure saffron threads
- deep red and bright color
- delicately tart fragrantly aromatic
- many diverse uses
- packed by Delphin, workshop for people with disabilities in Berlin
Your Afghanistan-Box contains
- 1g pure saffron threads, aroma preserved in an airtight glass cylinder with an aluminium screw cap
- 1 Good News Journal about people and stories from Afghanistan
- 1 postcard
- 1 recipe card
- packaged in a handmade cardboard box by “Die imaginäre Manufaktur” Berlin-Kreuzberg